Terms of Hire
Last Updated February 2015
- It is advisable to verify availability by telephone prior to booking.
- A non-returnable deposit of up to one-third of the total rent is payable on booking. The balance is due one calendar month before the first day of your holiday. This can be done by debit card over the telephone, credit card payments carry a 2% charge. Cheques should be made payable to Mr and Mrs Mansfield.
- Provisional bookings are held for seven days pending receipt of booking form and deposit.
- In the event of cancellation, please inform us under the cover of a letter. You are liable for the balance of rental in full, but we shall endeavour to re-let. It is in your interest to seek insurance against this event.
- Check-in time is between 4pm and 6pm on the day of arrival, if you are arriving after 6pm please ring in advance. Checking out time on the day of departure is 10am.
- Cottages are let and furnished for the number of people specified in the brochure and/or website and this number of persons must not be exceeded.
- Guests are fully responsible for the cottages and are liable for any loss or damage to the property or its contents. The towels provided are for use in the cottages and are not for use in the pool or the beach.
- Car, boats, contents, luggage and personal belongings are at owner’s risk.
- Electricity is included in your rental. Logs for the wood burning stoves are available at cost.
- Pets are accepted in all cottages at a charge of £25 per animal per week. They must be kept under strict control and cleaned up after at all times. Dogs must be on a lead when outside, and must never be left unattended inside the cottages.
- All pets must have their own bedding and must not be allowed on the furniture.
- We have a no-smoking policy in all of our cottages. You are welcome to smoke outside.
- The owners reserve the right to access the cottages for maintenance purposes.
- Our swimming pool is available for our guests between May and mid-September (10am to 7 pm daily, weather permitting). It is unsupervised, and therefore the following safety rules must be observed: When inside the pool area please ensure that the gate is closed; children of 15 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult; please refrain from jumping or diving into the pool, or running around the pool area: for your own personal health & safety do not swim within 1.5 hours of consuming food or alcohol; glass containers must not be taken into the pool area; it can be dangerous to swim alone, if you intend to do so, it is recommended that you inform another person of your intention.
Mr and Mrs Mansfield,
Phone 01239 613712