The Shippen Access Statement
Shippen Cottage (sleeps 5 + cot in 2 bedrooms)
The cottage is approached from the main A487 road down our tarmaced, private lane (250m) Two speed bumps indicate bend.
Entry into sloping tarmac area with car parking approximately 25m from cottage entrance.
Access to Shippen Cottage via sloping hard surfaced area with 5 shallow steps (2 sets of 2 and 1 single with max riser height of 150mm), to single step entry front door (720mm clearance) with 100mm threshold and mat well.
Accommodation is two storey. See floor plan
- Ground floor has open plan sitting/dining/kitchen.
- Sitting area with settee and easy chairs.
- One step down (riser 160mm) to dining area, kitchen and bathroom.
- Dining table has chairs to both sides.
- Kitchen work-surface height 890mm. Oven drop-down door 350mm. high when open.
- Bathroom doors minimum clearance 700mm, with contrasting surrounds.
- Bath (rim 520mm high) fitted with integral handles and shower over. WC seat 430mm high.
- Two bedrooms on first floor via two flights of stairs with half-landing.
- Stair-gate available for head of stairs
- Non-feather pillows and duvets with poly cotton covers, sheets.
- Remote control TV(teletext), video and DVD.
- Additional task lighting available on request.
- Light switches and power points at sensible height.
- BT payphone with inductive loop on site. Open access 24 hours.
- Some mobile phone networks are unreliable in the cottages.
Public transport bus stop approximately 100m from top of our lane.
Additional facilities on site.
Outdoor heated swimming pool (max depth 2m) available from May to end of September, weather permitting. Pool approached via paved sloping path (min width1200mm). Entrance gate with 840mm clearance. Water may be entered via steps at shallow end (1m deep). Emergency phone in adjacent building.
Swimming pool changing/shower room with level entry shower with support rails. WC (LH transfer) seat height 460mm with support rails. Washbasin may be reached from wc. Low-level mirror. Lever taps. Access doors 860mm minimum clearance.
Children’s Play Area with swings, sandpit, play house etc. Bark surface beneath swings.
Lynne and Robert live on site and are available to assist wherever possible.