The Stable Access Statement
Stable Cottage (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom)
The cottage is approached from the main A487 road down our tarmaced, private lane (250m). Two speed bumps indicate bend.
Entry into sloping tarmac area with dedicated car parking in front of cottage entrance.
Access to Stable Cottage via hard surfaced area with 2 shallow steps (max riser height 150mm), to front door (720mm clearance) with 100mm threshold and mat well.
- Accommodation is ground floor. See floor plan
- The sitting/dining area has a settee and easy chair and the dining table has chairs.
- An archway, 870mm wide with 2 shallow steps (risers 110mm) leads from sitting/dining room to remainder of accommodation.
- Kitchen, work-surface height 910mm. Oven drop-down door 350mm high when open.
- Double bedroom (670mm door clearance).
- Non-feather pillows and duvets with poly cotton covers, sheets.
- Ensuite bathroom (door clearance 625mm), bath (rim 530mm) with handrail and shower over.
- Separate wc, door clearance 610mm, seat height 420mm.
- Remote control TV(teletext), video and DVD.
- Additional task lighting available on request.
- Light switches and power points at sensible height.
- BT payphone with inductive loop on site. Open access 24 hours.
- Some mobile phone networks are unreliable in the cottages.
Public transport bus stop approximately 100m from top of our lane.
Additional facilities on site.
Outdoor heated swimming pool (max depth 2m) available from May to end of September, weather permitting. Pool approached via paved sloping path (min width1200mm). Entrance gate with 840mm clearance. Water may be entered via steps at shallow end (1m deep). Emergency phone in adjacent building.
- Swimming pool changing/shower room with level entry shower with support rails.
- WC (LH transfer) seat height 460mm with support rails.
- Washbasin may be reached from wc.
- Low-level mirror.
- Lever taps.
- Access doors 860mm minimum clearance.
Children’s Play Area with swings, sandpit, play house etc. Bark surface beneath swings.
Lynne and Robert live on site and are available to assist wherever possible.