The Wheel Access Statement
Wheel Cottage (sleeps 8 + cot in 4 bedrooms)
The cottage is approached from the main A487 road down our tarmaced, private lane, (250m). Two speed bumps indicate bend. Entry into sloping tarmac area with dedicated car parking alongside the cottage.
Access to Wheel Cottage via gently sloping (gradient 1:20 max) paved area to level-entry front door (780mm clearance) with level mat well.
Level ground floor accommodation. Internal doors with contrasting surrounds. Internal passages 950mm wide narrowing to 800mm to clear storage-heater.
- Open plan sitting/dining/kitchen (door clearance 780mm).
- Sitting area with settees, easy chairs and easy upright chair. Clearance under one end of dining table 760mm. Otherwise chairs to both sides.
- Kitchen work-surface height 890mm. Oven drop-down door height 350mm.when open. Lever taps.
- Double bedroom door clearance 780mm Double-bed transfer (LH 1400mm, and RH 800mm).
- En-suite shower room. Walk-in shower with support rails and folding seat. Additional wheel-in shower chair available on request. WC (seat height 485mm) with support rails, left-hand transfer (1000mm). Washbasin rim height 770mm with knee room under. Low and high-level mirrors. Lever taps. Alarm pull cord.
- Bathroom door clearance 700mm. Bath rim 550mm with support rail over. WC seat height 425mm
- Twin bedrooms (doors 700mm) have end transfer (1100mm minimum). Bunkroom (door 640mm) does not allow for transfer.
- Non-feather pillows and duvets with poly cotton covers, sheets.
- Strobe/audible fire alarm fitted in hall.
- Door handles, light switches and power points at a sensible height (1020mm).
- Remote control TV(teletext), video and DVD.
- Additional task lighting available on request.
- BT payphone with inductive loop on site. Open access 24 hours.
- Some mobile phone networks are unreliable in the cottages.
Public transport bus stop approximately 100m from top of our lane.
Additional facilities on site.
Outdoor heated swimming pool (max depth 2m) available from May to end of September, weather permitting. Pool approached via paved sloping path (min width1200mm). Entrance gate with 840mm clearance. Water may be entered via steps at shallow end (1m deep). Emergency phone in adjacent building.
Swimming pool changing/shower room with level entry shower with support rails. WC (LH transfer) seat height 460mm with support rails. Washbasin may be reached from wc. Low-level mirror. Lever taps. Access doors 860mm minimum clearance.
Children’s Play Area with swings, sandpit, play house etc. Sand surface beneath swings. Access to “Wales in Bloom” Award gardens.
Lynne and Robert live on site and are available to assist wherever possible.