Tŷ Coed Access Statement
Tŷ Coed Cottage (sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms)
The cottage is approached from the main A487 road down our tarmaced, private lane (250m). Two speed bumps indicate bend.
Entry into sloping tarmac area with dedicated car parking alongside cottage.
Access to Tŷ Coed Cottage via level paved area to level-entry front door (805mm clearance).
Level ground floor accommodation.
- All internal doors are wide opening (790mm minimum), with contrasting door surrounds.
- Open plan sitting/dining/kitchen.
- Sitting area has a settee and easy chairs. Dining table has chairs on two sides.
- Kitchen work-surface height 895mm. Oven drop-down door 350mm.when open. Lever taps.
- Through hallway to two bedrooms, one double, one twin.
- Double bed transfer on both sides (950mm). Twin-beds side transfer from middle aisle (1030mm).
- Non-feather pillows and duvets with poly cotton covers, sheets.
Bathroom has level-entry shower with support rails and folding seat. Additional wheel-in shower chair available on request. WC with support rails, right-hand transfer (770mm) with seat height 500mm. Bath rim 500mm with support rail over. Washbasin rim height 810mm, with knee-room under. Low and high-level mirrors. Lever taps.
- Remote control TV(teletext), video and DVD.
- Additional task lighting available on request.
- Door handles, light switches and power points at sensible height (1020mm).
- BT payphone with inductive loop on site. Open access 24 hours.
- Some mobile phone networks are unreliable in the cottages.
Public transport bus stop approximately 100m from top of our lane.
Additional facilities on site.
Outdoor heated swimming pool (max depth 2m) available from May to end of September, weather permitting. Pool approached via paved sloping path (min width1200mm). Entrance gate with 840mm clearance. Water may be entered via steps at shallow end (1m deep). Emergency phone in adjacent building.
- Swimming pool changing/shower room with level entry shower with support rails.
- WC (LH transfer) seat height 460mm with support rails.
- Washbasin may be reached from wc.
- Low-level mirror.
- Lever taps.
- Access doors 860mm minimum clearance.
Children’s Play Area with swings, sandpit, play house etc. Bark surface beneath swings. Access to “Wales in Bloom” Award garden.
Lynne and Robert live on site and are available to assist wherever possible.